Freddy K's YouTube & other videos, as well as posts on various topics of interest. Still THE spot for thick AND rich content!

Monday, May 30, 2011

Downsview is STILL alive in cyberspace!

Bill Bishop was planning to revive aspects of my old website Freddy K's Unofficial 400 Squadron website when lo & behold he found a gentleman from Holland who has resurrected a number of the old Geocities Websites including mine! Bill told me about these ReoCities sites and posted the fantastic news at Propwash:

http://400sqn.blogspot.com/2011/05/joyful-breaking-news.html



Check out his post and click the link there. I was amazed! While an archive I mentioned in my Fireside Chat of 2010 did have much of the text of my old site, all the pictures & graphics were gone. But here at ReoCities - it's a complete snapshot of my site from late 2002 with ALL the photo galleries (save one at present) intact!

I'm ecstatic! Some of those photos were lost until now! It's like revisiting an old friend. Working on that site during the 911 period and afterwards was my way of getting through that terrible time & it's wonderful to see it preserved!

Thanks Bill for finding this. And a big thanks to those at ReoCities!

Per Ardua Ad Astra,
Freddy K

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers