Freddy K's YouTube & other videos, as well as posts on various topics of interest. Still THE spot for thick AND rich content!

Monday, May 23, 2011

To those I've offended over the years...

An apology to those I've offended. Yes, some of my musings & postings have offended a few over the years. If I haven't offended you...where did I go wrong? How did I manage to miss you? :)

But seriously, when one is controversial, some are going to be offended. I also know that a few enjoyed my stuff over the years. The vast majority are simply ambivalent. That is the way of the world with all things. Socrates said that the life unexamined isn't worth living. I've done a lot of examination of my life - the good, the bad, and the things that I'm ambivalent of.

At one time, I'd become indignant if someone attacked my creative efforts. But lately I'm attempting to adoptba Buddhist like sentiment of detachment. Live in the moment. I put my work out there, it was of interest to me at that moment. But that moment is gone. That part of my life is now gone & no longer relevant or important. So rather than debate or fight, move on. I've removed the subject matter from this Blog and from YouTube. Perhaps the offended will be happy?

The facts are that those posts were never popular. There was no chance of them going viral! The interest in the subject matter was minimal with few views. I hold the copyright to the material but realistically it can't compare to interest in the stuff like a Roy Orbison clip or of a clip from Dancing With The Stars - material that is not mine but the copyright holders don't demand removal as it's extra publicity.

I use to get into debates with those who criticized my material. Those that would say something like that my karaoke was the worst they ever heard. Or that my Cuban Slang was terrible with bad pronunciation, grammar & spelling. I've always offered the challenge that they're welcome to do a better rendition of the song or since they are Miami Cuban & it's their culture, why don't they do a better slang video? The challenge would go unanswered. I've come to just let it go. Look where it's coming from. Negative feedback from young people who merely trash but don't post themselves. Don't create. Like Clint Eastwood said in a movie, "Opinions are like assholes - everybody's got one. And they've got they're right to have them. When I see something I don't like I can always hit the delete key.

These are wondrous times we live in. Computer music fascinated me in the late 1980s. Email and web sites in the late 1990s. The recent mobile explosion and iOS devices like tablets are the future post PC era. With social media like Facebook and twitter, despots in Egypt can be brought down and companies like Toyota or Sony Playstation can feel the wrath of the public when 77 million people,s info is at jeopardy. Books can now be instantly downloaded to eReaders like Kindle, IBooks and others. Never before has there been an era for expression. These are wondrous times. And that's where my interest & curiosity lies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers