Freddy K's YouTube & other videos, as well as posts on various topics of interest. Still THE spot for thick AND rich content!

Saturday, February 13, 2010

I Don't Want No More of Air Force Life song

This is an old Canadian military tune. There are versions for army and navy as well. I have a version of the tune for the Fire Department posted under the title "Gee Maw I Wanna Go Home". The Chorus in the navy version says: "Gee Maw I wanna go, west of Ontario", the feeling being that you're far from any ocean in the prairies, I guess! The lyrics from this version were created by squadron buddy Ken Moores, as we sang them at the annual 400 squadron Christmas Dinner in 1981. The names mentioned were fellow squadron members. This song is dedicated to Ken & all the buds from that time in the early 1980's. "Per Ardu Ad Astra".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive